domingo, 24 de noviembre de 2013

A Word On Names

Before I start posting about the Fears in history, we first have to talk about Names.

Now, what is a Name? A Name, with capital letters, is not whatever your parents called you by, or whatever your friends call you by. These are just pseudonyms. A True Name is a couple of words, usually two or three, from a completely unknown language, that describes everything a person is. A Name changes with the person, it grows. It always remains, however, the same number of words. However, people tend not to know their True Names. It takes years of training to know yours. Knowing your Name gives you access to two great powers, one elemental, the other one different. It depends on the person. I have trained for years, and I know my Name. My powers are Lightning... and Names.

Yeah, I know, it sounds redundant. However, it is incredibly useful. Knowing somebody else's Name gives you complete and total control over them. That's why Named, such as myself, tend to hide our Names so dearly. If it got into the wrong hands, I'd be pretty much dead. That's also why I don't live inside a city, or a town, for instance. I'm still learning to control my powers, and I'd like to keep people's privacy. Of course, it's useful in the rare occasions when a proxy stumbles accross my isolated house.

And now, I'd suppose you are wandering about the forum's name. Why, yes Fears have no Name. That's what gives them such collosal powers. They can't be controlled by any thing. And if something doesn't have a name, it can't be understood. Sure, we give them names, such as the Rake, or the Slender Man, but those are just aliases. And while aliases do have some power, it's nothing compared to the amount of power contained in a Name.

Now, with that out of the way, let's get started. Where did I leave thos notes...

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario